An elegant bike rack made of tough powder coated steel and aluminium. Especially suitable for mpv's, minivans and estate cars. Easy to fit, easy to use and secure without adjusting straps. A fitting kit tailored specifically for the SUBARU Legacy ensure this carrier to fits perfectly.
Thule Backpac carrier is equipped with adjustable quick-release wheel straps, and its basic version carries two bikes.
A locking adapter 567 is also available to lock the bike rack to the car for increased security.
The frame holder fits all cycle frames from 22 to 80 mm diameter
Bike platform folds away when not in use. Load capacity 60kg. Not suitable for use with cars fitted with spoiler.
The high clearance of the Thule BackPac 973 means that it will not restrict visibility of the SUBARU Legacy rear lights or registration plate. This means that an additional light board is NOT required.
Thule BackPac 973 Bike Rack
To Fit: SUBARU Legacy 5-dr Estate 1989 - 1993
- 973 - BackPac Carrier - 2 Bikes
- 973-16 - BackPac Fitting Kit
- Carries 2 bikes as standard.
- Optional Adapter 973-23 allows up to 3 bikes
- Detachable and easy to move frame holders
- Folds flat for easy storage
- Extendable wheel trays
- Quick release straps to secure wheels
- All contact points with car are rubber coated
- Locks the bikes to the bike rack (lock included)
- Optional lock available to lock the carrier to the car (Thule 567)
- Bike Capacity: 2-3 Bikes
- Load Capacity: 60kg
- Max Bike Weight: 15kg
- Bike Frame Size: 22 to 80 mm diameter
- Bikes Lockable: Yes
- Carrier Lockable: Optional lock available to lock the carrier to the car.
- Unfolded Dimensions: 141 x 75 x 154 cm
- Folded Dimensions: 97 x 45 x 154 cm